Sunday, October 11, 2020

Past Continuous Tense VS Past Tense

Dear Students,.

The Lesson today is about Past Continuous Tense/ Progressive VS Past Tense.

Please watch these videos.

Video 1


Video 2 


Video 3


The Tasks:

Write down the sentences from video 1 and 2 which show Past Continuous Tense and Past Tense.

Video 3 as an example :

Story of the week with Grammar Andy.

A busy day in the Past Progressive.

Yesterday, I was walking the dog, when my phone rang.

It was my boss. A teacher was feeling sick, so she needed me to fill in.

As I was running to my car, it started to rain.

When I arrived at school, my boss was waiting outside.

She told me another teacher's car broke down. I was working for the rest of the day.

Note :

1. Why do we use the Past Progressive?

    To show the order of events.

2. How do you use the Past Progressive?

    Subject + tobe + Verb-Ing

    - You are saying ..

    - It was snowing.

    - They were laughing.

3. Some examples:

    Tell me what you were just doing.

    We were driving to work. 

    We were going to work. 

    I was crying because my team lost.

    What were you doing yesterday?



5 comments:

NYANYIAN ALAM

  pexels-alex-azabache-3214944 NYANYIAN ALAM   Deburan ombak Desiran angin Gemerisik daun kering Berpadu indah menenangkan hati ...